Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eggs in the City: Union City, NJ


In a land of tacos, burritos and chimichangas a basic American breakfast joint is a welcomed addition to the neighborhood. 

Situated in a cozy little nook-like setting on the corners of 46th St and Park Ave across from a laundromat sits Eggs in the City.  I had passed by EITC a couple dozen times until I started to finally understand what was there and what was being served.

So one day I stopped in and grabbed some eggs and toast and I was pleasantly surprised.  Everything was made fresh and was perfectly greasy, but most of all the prices were EXTREMELY REASONABLE (if you spend over 5-6 dollars you are getting a FEAST).

One Saturday morning, the Bagel Queen and I had enough bagels for a while and we decided to try EITC for a little more involved breakfast and we were not disappointed.  My girlfriend got the usual spinach and onions egg white omelet and that came with a nice side of toast and some pretty decent homefries.  Me, I ordered a taylor ham and cheese (no egg) which is a staple of my breakfast selections and I was not disappointed as it was served on a very fresh everything bagel and the serving of taylor ham was extremely generous which I am very picky about.  I am very bothered by some of these bagel places that charge you 5-6 bucks for a taylor ham and cheese sandwich and they give you 2 slices of taylor ham.  EITC serves up 5-6 slices and leaves you feeling extremely satisfied.

The prices are unbelievable! The taylor ham sandwich runs about $3.75 and the omelet I believe is about $5.50 max.

If you are ever in the Union City, Weehawken (where I live), Hoboken greater area you have to come by and try Eggs in the City...the staff is extremely nice, the food is excellent and the prices are great!

Also they deliver

Eatin' Alive Rating:

Food: 8/10
Service: 7/10 (only because its diner type service, not 5 star but friendly)
Atmosphere: 7/10 (cozy nook)
Prices: 10+/10

No comments:

Post a Comment